Monday, January 2, 2012

2012

2012.

The beginning of a new year.


I cannot believe how fast 2011 went, or how fast 2012 will go. They say as you get older, the years fly by faster. I really do believe that is true. When I was young, everything took FOREVER to come, but now that I am older--everything comes and goes so quickly.

So, I started back today. I have a plan. Usually, if I make plans--i do not stray from them. You see, I like structure. I like to be able to plan my days. When I dont plan, i feel so out of place. So I'm thinking thats one thing that has always hindered me in past weight loss attempts. I never planned time for the gym. I just was like "eh, I'll go when i get free time"....well....that "free time" turned into "i dont feel like it". lol. so now i'm planning. I got it easy this week and next week. I'm working 6a-11a today, off tomorrow, working 7-3 the next two days, and closing friday night. then next week i'm off Sunday and Monday...and tues-thurs i work 630a-130p. thats what i mean by structure. repitition of a schedule. I would prefer a "set schedule" but with retail, that doesn't happen. this is as close as i'll get. lol.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to meet the new me this time next year. Thats my goal. I want to be down 100lbs by January 1, 2013. It is definitely doable. I know there will be times when I'll hit a plateau, but that just means i'll have to work a little harder to achieve my goals. Here are my goals for the new year.

Weekly Goal (starting): at least 2lbs; 5 would be great.

I would like to be about 10-20lbs lighter by February 25, and another 5-10 by March 12. I'm not gonna be disappointed if I dont hit those....thats just what I'd like. I've got 7 weeks and 4 days. I think i can do that. :) If i can keep up with my "schedule" and make sure i'm not doing gross fast food anymore. That stuff will kill ya. and I'm SOOO guilty of enjoying fast food a little too much. the convenience is what gets me. lol. but i'm trying new Luna bars...maybe they are more filling than slimfast bars. (They're the new luna protein). I'll be taking a multivitamin....we're good.

OHHH and I ordered myself an mp3 player...I'm so ready for it to get here. Its nothing special...just a Sansa Clip+. No ipod. We've already got an ipod touch. I didn't see the need in paying out the butt for another ipod. lol. i paid 24 bucks for this one and a camera battery charger. it got good reviews. I guess we'll see how it works. lol.

OH I also look forward to posting progression pics after a month or so. Like...on Feb 24, if I hit my goal, I'm gonna take a pic. I've taken my starting pic already...but I wont post that until I have something to post next to  it. :)

here's some "inspiration" thou.  I got it off of one of my friends' facebook pages:

Happy New Year! I'll post again later this week!

-Beth

1 comment:

  1. Goals are very important, but just try not to set them so high that they are not achievable. It is very very difficult to maintain a two pound per week weight loss for a long period of time. One pound per week is really more of a long-term goal as far as losing weight and keeping it off. Set your goal at 2 pounds if that is doable at first... but if it drops down to one a week after a while, just know that one a week is still taking you in the right direction!! love ya! Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete