Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Penny for Your Thoughts

Good morning, everyone.

So, I'm feeling a little off today. I mean. I'm not "discouraged" per say, but I just...I'm scared. I feel like I dont know enough. I keep seeing all these things about what to eat and what not to eat...and I'm so picky...and bleh....dinners are the worst. I feel as if I'll never know what to cook and what not to cook, you know? I can't afford a lot of the healthier ingredients...buying fresh stuff gets tedious because i'm scared i wont use them. I dont know enough recipes to do healthier meals. I know what I have been cooking for the past 3 years. Taco Soup. Chicken and Rice. Spaghetti. Chicken Alfredo. Shrimp Alfredo. Beef Tips and Rice. Steak and Potatoes. ect ect. those are all bad dishes when you are trying to loose weight. Especially when you pair it with mashed potatoes, breads, ect. BLEH.

I need ideas. I need to be more open minded. I wish I liked more foods. It would make this a bit easier. Doing slimfast gets tedious because i feel like I'm not getting enough nutrients. I can only substitute it for one meal at a time because it makes me sick or feel wierd if i do more than that. breakfasts are generally the best meal i have a day because i usually do a bowl of cheerios and coffee.  I bought some bananas...i'm enjoying those. I just wish there were more choices out there. idk. i need ideas. and soon! before i lose it!

2 comments:

  1. Eat lean meat like grilled chicken. Stay away from slimfast, it's crap. Think of WHOLE foods. Whole foods are the absolute best things you can eat. A good way to remember what whole foods are is to think about what foods God made. Eat fruits, vegetables, salads. Eat things that are freeze instead of out of a can. Cook with light oil. Remember you aren't on a diet. You are just eating what God intended us to eat. Processed food is basically just chemicals so you are eating chemicals for your meal instead of food. Read these two articles:

    http://www.jaredstory.com/wholefood.html

    http://www.ehow.com/how_2077061_eat-whole-foods-health.html

    This is not Karen, it's Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. If it helps... I totally understand!! I face the same thing with only liking foods that are labeled "bad" for me. I also understand about not knowing what to cook. I have have stood in the kitchen many times and felt overwhelmed because I didn't know what to eat. I know it is hard. Hang in there. Don't try to do it all at once. Even if you only cut out one thing per week and replace it with a new one... that is still progress. (for example: no more sodas... drink water) (or no more white bread... use whole grain... and by the way it has taken me proabably two years to get used to eating whole grain, but recently I have realized that I prefer it to white! That's a big wow for me!) If you eat a "bad" meal... that's life. Dont dwell on it... just move on. It is all a process. Just keep moving forward! You can do it! love ya! Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete