Saturday, January 7, 2012

Singin' In The Rain

The one song(s) I've been listening to and singing a lot the past few weeks...The Singin' In The Rain/Umbrella mashup from Glee. LOVE IT. lol. Its very fitting today--as it has been raining ALL day. which makes for a really lazy Beth. Not good.

I managed to pick myself up and get my butt to the gym thou....which is good...but only after we had 1) had breakfast, 2) Fixed Daniel's car from where squirrels chewed the wiring..., 3)took laundry to my parents, 4) ate lunch, 5) watched a few Ugly Betty episodes. I'm a loser. LOL. but yeah. so I went to the gym around oh i'd say about 3p, and did the elliptical for 30 minutes. burned 317 calories and did 2.00 miles. I'm pretty proud of that workout. I also did 2 reps of 10 on one of the arm machines....i couldn't do more than that cuz my arms were KILLING ME from my past arm workouts. Wanted to swim today, but my good swimsuit was in the wash. darn. maybe tomorrow. lol. So i went 5/7 days this week--pretty darn good, don't you think?

I've had my differences with food this week, however. I struggle with cravings. One thing I made last night was pancakes. I had gotten the stuff to make it over Christmas, but with my work schedule, I never had the time to make them...so I've been craving them like crazy!!! So I made those for dinner last night and let me just tell you--BEST. PANCAKES. I'VE. EVER. MADE. loved them! And no, I dont regret making them either. Sure, not the best thing to eat when you're trying to lose weight, but once in a while something like that doesn't hurt.  Anytime I've tried to cut out my favorite foods completely, I've failed miserably. So I figure incorporating something i like (but portion sizing) once or twice a month shouldn't hurt too bad. Especially if I can build up the stamina to go a little longer on the elliptical and arc trainers. :) With work, I also burn a lot of calories running back and forth across the store. :)

I am planning on weighing myself again tomorrow morning. :) so we'll see where we're at. Once I drop 20lbs, I'm gonna post before and after pics. I've got my before--but not quite ready for that to be revealed. its quite hideous. LOL. it may just burn your eyes. but up against another pic of me 20lbs less, wouldn't be so bad! lol. but yeah. its been a crazy saturday in the life of Beth, but thats alright. Looking forward to a pretty chill next couple days. Hoping I can hit the gym 7/7 days this week. :) we shall see! :)

off to make dinner. a MUCH healthier meal of green beans, a couple russet potatoes, and chicken. :)

adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment