Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gym-time Fun

soooo.....today...today has been fun. NOT. well. I mean.. I guess it has been...at parts...but this morning we were short staffed at work and had a surprise visit from our DM. which is always fun and makes life more interesting. lol. but it was also my first full day at work followed by the gym. I worked an 8 hour shift...needless to say, by the end of that shift i was like "do i HAVE to go to the gym?" I even called Daniel to give me some much-needed motivation. Needless to say it was really hard to get myself in there...took a trip to walgreens/redbox to get a water bottle and a movie that I am so thoroughly enjoying atm. but eventually i did get into the gym. 

Did 20 minutes on my favorite machine--the Arc Trainer. absofreakinglutely love this machine. lol burned like...250 calories. :) then went and did laps in the pool...then hot tub and steamroom. I am already feeling that workout. and its only been like... 3 hours...lol. i'm gonna be sore in the morning....don't know if i'll actually make it to the gym tomorrow or not....i work another 8 hour shift tomorrow.....so...i guess it just depends on how sore i am....but i'm just proud of myself for going 3 days in a row already.... Even if I dont go the rest of the week (thou I know i will go at least friday), 3 days is SO much better than the couch i was seeing on a regular basis before this! LOL...i crack myself up sometimes. ;)

but anyways...so motivation is KEY for me. and i guess for anyone. Its really hard for me to be motivated to go work out after I have worked an 8 hour shift. I didn't think it would be this bad..but i guess it is. lol. but we also had a stressful morning at work...so by the time my lunch hit, my vitamins had lost their effect(well, i dont really know that for sure...i just know i was already exhausted...lol).  so by the time i got off i was like "omg. feet. hurting. so. tired. dont. wanna. go. to gym."  *shrug* it happens. i just powered through it. what really kept me going was thinking about relaxing in the pool. i like to float on my back after my workout...and slowly go across the pool. it helps relax me. I also stretch some in the pool which helps with my ankles. They thank me for it. The hot-tub helps too. :) 

Last word--if you haven't ever tried a steam room---try to go in there. its hard at first to breath--but it helps if you take a water bottle in with you. If you sit in there for at least 5 minutes, you will feel so much better! Your skin feels smoother, your sinuses open up, and you feel detoxed because it helps get rid of some of the sodium and toxins from everyday life. :) 

enjoy your weeks! i'm gonna curl up and try to relax some... :)

peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment