Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Resolutions

Okay. So....that was a bad way to start a journey to the new me.  I wasn't fully thinking when I decided to attempt that right before the holidays when I work RETAIL. Let me just say, Christmas kicked my diet's ass. Needless to say, those couple pounds I lost? Back. But no worries--i'm not discouraged. I'm kinda pissed at myself, but other than that, I knew that would happen. So. As of right now, I guess we'll start over. lol.

Everyone has resoultions for the new year. Most are fragile. They do not last past January; however, the one that I am making for this year--its not really a "resolution."  It is a PROMISE to myself and my husband. No, I am not "promising" to lose weight. I am PROMISING to become a healthier me. For myself. For my husband. For my future children. Old habits die hard (as we found out these past couple weeks with all the good food). Its gonna be a long road, and a hard one. I am determined now more than ever to kick my old habits out on the curb, and bring in newer, healthier ones. Like my father is doing with finances--it takes baby steps to get to where you wanna go. First step, no junk food...which all-in-all is easy because I generally dont keep that stuff around anymore.  Second step, cutting out fast food by making sure i have groceries that are healthy choices for me to pack for lunches.  Third step? Making sure I try to go to the gym at LEAST 3 times a week. I would love to go 5 or 6...but while working retail? Not plausible all the time. Its possible, but it just depends on my schedule.

I have to plan everything out. Bring a change of clothes with me to work. Try to find healthier recipes. Branch out. I'm very picky, so it gets to be hard. If i'm craving something, I usually go for it. I need to find healthier versions of what I like. so we can make meals and still be healthy.  Things are starting to pick up financially, and so I should be able to afford a little more grocery wise and what not. Hoping so, at least.  As long as I can get better (i've been sick for a bout a week now...no idea what), I shouldn't have any problems starting this for real on Sunday.

Anyways. I probably wont post again until next week sometime. So for now--I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

-Beth

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Love your idea to post your weight loss journey. If nothing else, it helps you be accountable to YOU! And you will be able to look back over it and see your struggles and successes, etc. Yay for you!! Maybe I will join you... we can cheer each other on! I watched John lose over 50 pounds last year. He really didn't do anything except change the way he was eating. He only started exercising in the past 2 months, and hasn't lost very much weight since then. Most of it was strictly by changing what he put in his mouth. I was the biggest skeptic... but not I'm a believer! Cheering for you!! love ya! Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete