Sunday, December 11, 2011

Awakening

Hello world!
   I decided I would try blogging to help with my weight loss. I've been doing a lot of thinking and life would be so much easier for my husband, myself, and my future family if I got my weight down now. I've been overweight my entire life, and I'm finally ready to hunker down and lose this weight. Support, advice, anything you guys out there are willing to give would be helpful. So here goes...
  I dont usually advertise how much I weigh...but I guess with my trying to get it down and trying to get support and what not...I kinda have to. LOL. So. My starting weight is officially 257lbs, which at a height of 65",  that puts my BMI at a whopping 42.8. I am obese. as much as that scares me, I have to acknowledge that. I am in a size 22-24 pants/dresses....I wear XXL shirts....my ankles are constantly hurting....I have so many problems its not even funny. I'm lucky I'm not borderline diabetic. I know that when I get pregnant, if I am this heavy, I will have even more issues...mostly dealing wtih gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, ect. I need to get this down. Daniel, my husband, is helping me...but its gonna take a lot to keep me going. I LOVE ice cream, I have a crazy sweet tooth, and I get to be quite lazy after working...where I'd much rather grab fast food or order a pizza instead of cooking.
  We are trying to cook better, and watching our portions. I've tried just about everything when it comes to weight loss...and my problem always ends up being that I don't stick with something. So world, this is where you come in. I've had an "awakening" of sorts; however, I need to be kept accountable. This is where I will be posting how my days have gone...my good and bad ones...this is where I'll post my feelings on everything...I dont need any negativity posted on here--my self esteem is already low enough. Shopping for an upcoming wedding hasn't really helped either. I dont fit in anything cute. -.- I'm 21 for heaven's sake, I should be having fun!
The Stats:
Current Weight--257
Current BMI--42.8
Current Waist--43
Current Hips--51
Current Bust--44B


Goal Weight--145

Should take me about a year and a half...If I do it right. Maybe a little bit sooner, depending on how often I can get myself to the gym, work factors, ect. So lets see how this works. I need to do this. I need to do it now. I want to do this without having surgery, like so many people out there. I believe that since I'm 21, I should be able to do this the right way. I know there are people out there that have no choice, and I am rooting for them. But I can do this the right way, before its too late. I will hopefully post at least weekly...unless there are some really bad days or really good days that I need to either vent or rave about. With Christmas around the corner, I'm a little scared it will set me back...but hopefully not too bad.

The best of luck to everyone out there trying to loose weight. I know we all need it.
Heres some links to a site that has some pretty good motivation and tips: Reddit Lose It and Reddit Fitness and Reddit Keto

--Beth

1 comment:

  1. Love you and you know Mom and I are behind you 100%!! You will do Awesome. The first and hardest step is just making the decision to change. So now that you have made up your mind to do this... its time to get started. Love you!!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete