Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stress Doesn't Help

One thing I've noticed this week is that no matter how dedicated I may be, if just the slightest hint of stress starts encroaching on my mind, I break down. I don't know if its hormones (thanks, Aunt Flo!) or what, but goodness gracious, I don't need that! lol. I try so hard to not let anything get the best of me, but sometimes...when its a REALLY rough day at work (like yesterday or last friday), I get really discouraged and then things just start to swallow me whole. But thats where the hubby comes in. He helped me get out of bed this morning and forced me to go to the gym again....late...but i went... lol. he didn't hear the alarm go off. And my poor husband is STILL sick. meh, it took me til last thursday to start feeling better, so hopefully he'll be good tomorrow.

I've tried a million different things to try to destress myself aside from what I used to do (Ben&Jerry's date, lots of rich fatty foods, ect), and focus on me. Its hard to do when you're working a full-time job and you have a million other things to take care of, but I'm workin on it. I've always had a problem with stressing myself out...so I'm trying to work on that as well as work on getting down.  I feel really good.  I weighed in today at 256.6. That makes me feel better because on Monday I was 258.4. Granted, I've been on top of myself these last couple days...making sure I log every calorie that goes into my mouth and making sure that I am burning more than what i consume. I've been eating about 1200-1400 calories per day...so, yea. :) I've been really good. I've been eating cereal or belVita for bfast, normal food for lunch (small portions), and a slimfast, cheese stick, and yogurt for dinner. :) its working out pretty well because i tell myself that whatever goodies my daddy makes for dinner i get to eat for lunch the next day, so it helps! :)

I am also focusing on a 20lb weight loss for the moment. If I can be down 20lbs by my birthday (which should be an easy feat if I stick with it, but i want to make it a small goal), then I will be happy. My birthday is July 20, so I have 13 weeks exactly from this friday to get down 20lbs. If I lose 2lbs a week, that will work great! lol

I like to set my goals low so that I'm excited when I hit it sooner than my set date...if i set it too high, it becomes unachievable and I get discouraged. So we'll stick with this. 20lbs by July 20th. :)

anyways. i gotta go get ready. adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment