Monday, May 7, 2012

Sinuses and The Gym

This morning was rough. I woke up a few times during the night because of my sinuses...and all that fun stuff...then got up at 5 and went to the gym. I'm exhausted. Not only that, but it was really hard to push myself at the gym this morning. I kept having to clear my throat, my nose was running, i felt nauseous, and i was just physically tired. However, I managed to power through it and get my 30 minutes in on the elliptical. I also did my 60 crunches on the stability ball with 4lbs. and some leg lifts. and some squats...and now i'm sitting on the couch drinking coffee hoping it will be enough. lol.  I do believe I will be in need of some B12 today. I'm curious (to those of you out there who take supplements), is it better to take the B12 in the morning or on my lunch? I'm fine with taking it at either time--the thing with taking it on lunch is it helps me power through my afternoon at work. But idk if thats why i stayed up so late the last time i took it...so... i guess i will try taking it this morning and see if it will work better....

also--is it better just to take B12, or should i take a prenatal (i've found prenatals are gentler on my stomach than other multivitamins--plus it never hurts to start taking them before you get pregnant! i've heard it actually helps!) I was a little discouraged today...mainly because my stomach is acting up and i didn't go down any and i just feel awful...so...i had to have some words of encouragement from the hubby. Its gonna be a long hard road ahead of me...I've never lost more than 10lbs (only to gain that back), so....if i can get down past that mark--and keep going down, i'll be more apt to feel more encouraged. Its just a matter of getting that goal first. 

I've been reading into something called a "keto diet" which is basically Atkins/south beach. Low carb. extremely low carb. I was like "oh that sounds easy! I don't think i'm eating that many carbs...maybe like..100g..."...then i looked at my carb totals in sparkpeople and OMG i eat like...200 carbs a day (which is in my range on the site, and i actually stay under their max)....and these diets are like "<25g a day" and i'm like "HOW IN THE HECK?!?!?!" Idk. I've seen pictures and i've gotten really interested in it. I think the only way I'd be able to succeed doing something like that would be if my entire family got on it too. Which idk if i can talk them into doing this...i mean as long as we cut back on carbs like pasta, bread, ect. just start eating more protein and good fats.  i want to go on it for a week and see how it does me...i've heard that it can sometimes cause a "keto flu" which is basically your body going "WTFFFF?!?" and dragging it through withdrawals from deliciously addicting carbs. lol. 

on an extremely good note, however, Daniel and I did a 5 mile circuit on Saturday...it felt good...I have several blisters and some extremely sore knees/ankles, but I made it the whole 5 miles and felt amazing afterwards. That is the longest I have walked at one time EVER. we even jogged a little bit of it. which is probably why my knees and ankles hurt. They had 252lbs of fat being pulled towards the ground ontop of them. I don't blame them, I'd be irritated too! lol OH YEAH i'm down to 252. new low. HUZZAH. I can get under 250 this week. I know i can. especially if daniel and i try to do some form of workout on tuesdays and thursdays. to keep me active. we'll see. lol


but anyways. hopefully we'll be able to figure something out.  time for me to get ready for work. adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment