Saturday, June 2, 2012

Turning Tables

Okay, so i thought the song "Turning Tables" would work as a title because thats what i feel like i'm doing. Turning the tables away from high fat, high calorie crapola and turning it into high protein, lower calorie choices.

I  have come up with this BRILLIANT idea for the family, and my slow brainwashing of my parents is working... dance my puppets, dance! LOL jk, anyways. but i came up with this idea during naptime  (yes, at work....) I was just sitting there in the dark about to pass out (thanks to a lovely fan and lullaby combo), and AHA it hit me. like a freight train.

What if, I could get my parents on a "schedule" so to say? I cook two nights, my dad cooks two nights, and my mom cooks two nights? Thats 6/7 nights that are cooked. Then I thought, "okay, so if i can pull off this whole schedule thing, what if i can make the 'cooked' choices healthier?" and BAM. there it was. SOOO....

This coming week starts the "cycle".  My mom, dad, and I sat down and figured out what we were cooking the rest of the week and then went grocery shopping. I have had a great deal of influence on the types of stuff we buy. My dad even told me last night "lets finish what we have here in the house, then we will get the healthier versions of ingredients. :)  I've grown addicted to the "healthier" tortillas when i do chicken/steak fajitas, chicken  quesadillas, ect ect.... the whole wheat, whole grain, high fiber ones. YES. and i've gotten away from refried beans and do reduced sodium black beans. :) same thing with hamburgers--while daniel and i were in the apartments, I came up with all sorts of healthier versions of foods i love. So i'm just starting to implement these here.

It feels good, ya know?  To see an idea you have blossom and be fantastic! I hope it sticks. I like this because not only does that mean theres less "ohhh idk what are we doing for dinner" "idk, what do you want?" "idk....fast food/chilis/ect?" and stuff like that, but it also will help me to plan for my lunches. HECK YES.

I can finally plan a full day's meals. What i plan on doing is with the dinners, i will put some in a tupperware dish for my lunch the next day...or like tonight we're doing steaks, so i'll probably put some steak and half a potato in one for Monday's lunch. :) cuz i like steak. ;)

but, if i haven't told you already, i'm done with stupid slimfasts. go ahead, applaud. I'm proud. i thought they were good for you until i started looking into them more. I mean they worked for Daniel...but he still has to get his Body Fat % down, and i want to do it all at the same time, soooo here we go. :)

OHH and i have found a new love. ENGLISH MUFFINS. holy cow, why did i never try these before???? i love love love the Cinnamon Raisin ones...in fact, i had one of those and an apple for bfast and i'm actually full. ;) fantastic.  I also am dying to try a new idea that i had...a Light English Muffin with 2 tbsp of whipped cream cheese and strawberry slices. idk. it sounded good. lol. i also have fresh blueberries to try with it as well...though i'm not as big of a fan of blueberries as i am of strawberries. BUT I AM making whole wheat, fresh blueberry pancakes tomorrow morning. So. Excited.


sooo yeah. i don't see why this wont work. I'm also meeting with a personal trainer at the gym today at 3 because we never came up with a personalized workout plan and i need help. lol. i have a LOT of questions for him. :)

anyways. thanks for keeping me accountable (keeba). ;) and lori and all you other amazing people out there...you guys have no idea how much it helps to have someone tell you to your face "um, all you're doing is making excuses for yourself. you need to stop." :)

have a great saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like I need to start coming to your house for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmao, youre always welcome!!!!!! ;) just txt me ahead of time so i can plan! lol. you should come on Wednesday--i'm making chicken/steak fajitas!

      Delete