Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chalkin' it up to Stress

I've been looking for answers over the last week as to why I haven't been losing like I was or wanted to...and everywhere I've read its stated "stress is a leading factor in weight gain, you should avoid getting too stressed out or your body will start storing fat."  and i'm like "avoid stress? how!?!"

That is what i want to know from you guys...stress busters, stuff to help...cuz this is ridiculous. I've been so stressed out over the last week...(i got a lot going on, and work isn't helping me AT ALL). I don't know what to do. I'm assuming that the massive migrane that has about made me pass out 3 times this morning was from the stress over the week just building and building until BAM. migrane. yuck.  I know why i get stressed out... I'm a planner (in case you guys don't know that)...I like everything to be in order, i want to know whats going to happen and when, and i'm slightly OCD about it.

My mom has told me for years I need to be "more flexible" and for YEARS i've tried and tried again...but this little thing inside me makes me want to plan every moment of every day and clock it to the millisecond. When shit hits the fan, however, I go bonkers. I'm immediately in emergency mode trying to re-plan everything and stressing out if i can't get it all done. I dont know how to fix this. I mean, its just who i am. I grew up saying the verse: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Phillipians 4:6


a bit ironic, don't you think? I've been saying that since i was like...12...and yet..thats the one aspect of me i need work on. being anxious. stressing out. worrying. I'm a mother hen worrying over everyone including myself. I guess i just let it get the best of me. When people tell me that i need to chill out or stop worrying so much...i look at them and i'm like "how. you show me how. cuz i've been trying to CHILL OUT for 10 years now...and I STILL haven't figured it out."

But i'm assuming this is why i'm not losing. Now, don't take that the wrong way and think "oh no, you've gained those 10lbs back already?" NOPE. i'm stuck at 248.6. which is better i guess than gaining it back. lol.  but thats my issue. I have a FANTASTIC diet. (aside from cheat days, which are OKAY in my book as long as i don't go overboard, and i usually don't because i do not want to undo my work so far). I am eating healthier than i ever have...and i've gotten my parents on board too. which is HUGE. my mom is slowly growing to like the wheat versions..like brown rice, low cal bread, wheat buns, ect. slowly, but i'm trying. i eat more fresh fruit and veggies than i ever have...and fiber and protein galore. Little to no processed foods. I think i'm doing fantastic on my diet.

My exercise? I have never felt so great about exercise. I love it. I miss it when I'm sick or have to miss it (like last night) because i have more pressing matters to face. Now granted, i could have gone after I had taken care of all that crap i had to do when i got off last night, but by that time i was starving, it was 7p, and the gym closed in 2 hours...and i was like 20 minutes away without my clothes. so i was like "nope. couch time." so....yeah...and obviously if i can't get this damn migrane to go away i wont be able to go tonight--seeing as i want to go to work tomorrow.

I do resistance training 2days/wk. the other 3 i do cardio (with 2 rest days preferably...) but 4 days at the gym is better than none, so sometimes i may have 3 rest days...but i wont kick myself too much over it. I think it will be easier once everything is sorted out with Daniel and the USAF and we have dates and stuff and i can plan and he can plan and we'll all be hunky dory. also after some other stuff sorts itself out, we will be good. but right now? I got so much going on that i cannot even think straight. I was trying to pray before going to bed and kept getting sidetracked. within a 2 minute prayer. really?! i got too much going on.

but anyways...i know most of you don't get stressed out like i do...but you can't possibly NEVER get stressed...so tell me...what do YOU do to keep yourself  virtually "stress-free"?

that is all. comment or message me on FB

adios

No comments:

Post a Comment