Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dig Deeper

As I mentioned in my last blog, I wanted to start INSANITY. Well, now i have. I am officially on Day 4 of Insanity! (Already did my workout, tomorrow will be day 5). I am enjoying it thoroughly. While it is excruciating in some portions (for my weak ankles/wrists), I still enjoy it. I know i'm working my butt off. Literally. lol. I have decided not to count calories while i do so, but just pay attention to what i'm eating and how much. If i start to try counting calories i'm going to go crazy because I have NO IDEA how many i'm burning.... so yea. I need to get a heart rate monitor, but they're expensive.

I am doing it alone this first time. Mainly because i'm doing it at the house and there is NO ROOM. Also because I am out of shape and I want to go through a round by myself before I try to do it with anyone else. Daniel has been getting up with me so he can cheer me on while i do it, and that helps me keep going. Another thing that i've found that really helps is the Gatorade stuff. Daniel thinks I'm silly for believing in it, but whatever. I use the PRIME and RECOVER formulas. the Prime is great. it has B vitamins to help you power through your workout. The Recover is the perfect ratio of Carbs::protein that you need to recover from a workout. I usually drink half a bottle of the recover mixed with a small amount of water (its really syrupy). Its helped me out a lot I think. daniel thinks its bogus, but he says whatever gets me to do it and feel good about myself. :)

Also, a new thing started at work this week. They are allowing us a 10-minute break. They come in and cover us while we go take a break...I think i'm going to start utilizing this 10 minute break to have my snack. I'm gonna start bringing an apple, banana, granola bar, ect...and use that 10 minutes to eat and go potty. I think that will help me out A LOT. I hope they keep doing it. Its an awesome system. It will keep me from eating the kids food because instead of trying to wolf down a small granola bar in like 1 minute hiding in the room, I will get to sit, eat my snack, and drink plenty of water with it. Granola bars don't last very long if you don't have any water with it. :)

I have figured out that I will finish with Insanity on October 20. That will be the end of Round 1.  I will then proceed to swimming, starting strength, and running.  :) If i keep this up, I will be starting a second round of Insanity in December/January. by that time, I will have a little more time on my hands and hopefully have a ton more endurance and strength. :) not to mention be down a little in weight! lol

My goals for Insanity:

Lose 15lbs
Gain endurance
Gain strength
Gain energy

No comments:

Post a Comment