Thursday, February 9, 2012

Assessment Day!


So guys, today I have my assessment at Huntsville Hospital Wellness Center. FINALLY. I've been trying to do this for like...weeks...but the last couple times I've scheduled it, I have gotten sick. LOL. so...as long as I stay healthy between now and 4p today, we're good! LOL. I've been doing a lot of thinking over the last couple days and realizing that I really haven't been honest with ya'll. I've had some really bad couple of weeks, eating wise, and haven't really cared. I worked a lot and let that be my excuse.  thats not good. I need to be able to overcome these stupid fears of failure. The fear of failure just makes me want to proceed less and less.  The turning point? Realizing I have a problem.
so true. I thought I had made a commitment a few weeks ago...
but i hadn't. i had just indicated an interest. now is a time
for change.
I have an addiction. I'm addicted to eating out, fast food, ect.  I get tempted really easily and get lazy and just overall lose it when I can't have it my way...and I shouldn't let that happen. I shouldn't let myself get so bent out of shape over food, for Heaven's sake! I'm trying to be better...so...yea... My aunt, Michelle, sent me some weight watchers cookbooks and I got SOO excited. I've dog-eared so many recipes. I just sat on the couch for 2 hours last night reading them and dog-earing the ones I like. (i hope you dont mind, Michelle! I noticed you had a few dog-eared too!) I'm so happy!! these are gonna give me some good recipes that I can alter to my tastes! I also am trying to drink more water...which is a hard habit to get into. but today, i've got my water bottle filled up and my goal is to drink two of those by 4p...or at least 1 1/2.  that would be...35.55oz (ish) if i just did 1 1/2...or 47.4 if i drank two...thats only 16 oz shy of what you're supposed to drink... (8-8oz glasses = 64oz). :) i think its a good plan...its easy to drink that much water when i'm just chillin on the couch/cleaning the house....at work its not possible because I can't have my water bottle up front with me. If i was able to do that, i could probably drink 3 bottles. lol. easy. your mouth get so dry after talking so much to customers, i could probably drink 4 or 5 bottles! LOL
But I'm feeling so much more motivated this morning. I'm not really sure what caused the change...I guess selling our big tv helped...because it made me feel less stressed. I have the money put away for WICKED, and still had 100 to put in the account..as well as 35 bucks to spend at the grocery store to get some stuff for a meal... tonight we're having rosemary roasted chicken and red potatoes with roasted broccoli. :) its gonna be so good! I'm excited. I got this like..."herb pack" from Star Market last night...its got all the ingredients, all i add is some olive oil and the chicken/potatoes. :)
I really wish more meals had stuff like that...it would make cooking SO MUCH EASIER. lol. but...when we get our tax return, I plan on using some of it to get some herbs that i'll need for some recipes in these books...like oregano, more basil, rosemary, ect...I have some basil, but I'm almost out. I use basil for almost every italian recipe i make. it makes bread better, fettuccine better, spaghetti better, ect. lol. who doesn't love basil??? :)
Something I'm terribly excited to try are these recipes for cookies/brownies/tarts...some of these recipes are fantastic sounding! Like a Chocolate Rasberry Torte....and Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes....and well...you get the point--sweet tooth, meet Weight Watchers...Weight Watchers, meet sweet tooth. i think we'll all get along just fine! I am definitely making some of these cookies today... one "puffed-up chocolate chip cookies" calls for applesauce...who would have thought of putting applesauce in cookies? not this girl! added fiber from that, no doubt. and 1 cookie is only 2 points. :) not bad. even if i have 2 cookies, thats only 4 points...and i can exchange that for 2 starch out of another meal. I think for my weight right now and stuff I need to eat about 25 points? maybe a little more...i can't exactly remember. but i'm excited to try these recipes. one of the books she sent me was "Quick Italian Favorites" and it has recipes for Insalata Caprese, a beautiful crostini with spinach, tomato, and fresh mozzarella recipe, bellini recipes (which are fantastic alcoholic beverages! LOL) and some stuffed mushroom recipes. FAN-FREAKING-Tastic! how did you know I love italian food, Michelle? LOL. the other one she sent me was a "Five Star Recipe" one which has a lot of takes on american food....and just stuff you'd see in restaurants... like banana oatmeal bread, cookies, shortcakes, raspberry-balsamic chicken, lemon-garlic chicken thighs, and of course, a southern staple--oven fried chicken thighs. :)

needless to say, most of these recipes will be made at some point over the next couple weeks! LMAO! i'm really excited to try the Three-Cheese & Cherry Tomato Lasagna. :) sounds exquisite! But anyways--I'm gonna go try to clean up the house some more...and what not. I'll update you all on my measurements, endurance, and all that after my assessment!
adios!

3 comments:

  1. I think you get more than 25 points, I was getting 29 then 26 before I made lifetime. This is with the newer points plus program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is Lori I didn't know it would put rainfall lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) yeah....i've got the little journals and stuff that say how many i just haven't looked at them...i think it is 29

    ReplyDelete