Sunday, January 13, 2013

Waiting

So...today is the start of a new week. For Daniel, thats WOT4 (week of training). I just got a phone call from him, and he's doing good. I, on the other hand, am having a rough time. Last phone call, I was pumped afterwards. This phone call...idk. I lost it at the end. Idk if it has to do with the fact that I lost a friend (albeit, not a super close one, but still a friend), or that I'm just missing him that much...probably a mixture of both. Idk. I did really well until we started to say goodbye...then i lost it. I feel bad... the last thing he heard was me trying to choke out "i love you. see you soon." bleh. stupid female emotions getting in the way. :(

this is hard. its not as hard as i thought it was going to be, but still tough. My soul yearns for him, yearns to be  together again. Only 32 more days. I just gotta keep telling myself that. Only 1 month left. I can do this. We're halfway there. Ugh.

On a happier note, I have lost 6lbs on Weight Watchers. Thats without going to the gym, just watching my points and working. I am proud of this. Maybe I will be down to 230 when i go to see him in February! I have 4 weeks and if I lose 3lbs each week, I should lose about 12 lbs which will put me at 228. :) (I was 240.0 this morning which is the lowest i've been since daniel and i got married!!!)  :) i was happy. He was just as thrilled to hear that when I told him on the phone too. :) it made me happy to hear how excited he was. 

His knee is doing better, thank God. He still has a cold, but he's got some medicine and is trying to get over it. I have booked my flight, my hotel, and reserved my car...so all that is taken care of... I'm worried about him getting recycled, but i'll deal with that if it comes. I'm praying it wont happen. 

my heart is heavy today. I mentioned above that i lost a friend. She was called home today. She was in a bad car wreck last Sunday on her way to work and she went home to be with God today. I'm glad she is not hurting anymore, and I know its tough on us down here. But Heaven gained a new angel today, and we will see her again. Please continue to pray for her family and her husband. They had only just gotten married in September. :( 

I guess thats why it hits home so hard...they were newlyweds...and while Daniel and I have been married for 3 years, I still cannot fathom how tough that is. I dont know what I'd do without him. Its also hard because he's not here to comfort me. maybe thats why i'm having such a hard time today. who knows. 

anyways. thats all for today, i guess. I'll try to write more when i get a couple more letters in. OH i also received the tshirt/banner i created for the airman's run! arent they pretty?
-Beth



2 comments:

  1. You've got this girl! He knows you miss him and it's hard to say goodbye! Not too much longer and you will be together again! You are close to halfway through, right???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are halfway exactly. 30 days until I see him again. 30 days since he left. :) almost there.

      Delete